Saturday, August 10, 2013

Extremely Overdue Update!!!

I am sooo glad to be updating this.  It is long overdue!!  Things have turned a different direction for now as we have some things we must focus on ... so without spoiling the soup ...



This summer we were able to be a part of organizing two major outreaches.  The first was MEGA MINISTRY CAMP in Moss Bluff, LA.  The second was MEGA SPORTS CAMP in Elton, LA.  Dozens of kids received Christ as their Savior ... it was awesome.  Even some parents were affected.  We had a blast working with our friends at New Life Worship Center!

We are still hanging tight on Grenada ... our hearts and minds are always ready ... the doors are just not opening that direction yet.  As Pastor Vishnu reminded last we spoke, "God is never late, but He's never early either."  A painful truth.

In truth, I have been battling physically lately.  I have several old military injuries that have resurfaced and need my attention.  In focusing on them, I had to choose to leave the NOLA region and return to the Lake Charles area.  We believed the Lord orchestrated this move and made the provisions for it.  I have recently had reconstructive surgery on my right knee and will have my left knee done in 3 weeks.  I will also be needing, hip, back, shoulder, and elbow work throughout the year.  Doesn't sound like much of a testimony but wait!

My doctor in Lake Charles who did my surgery previously TURNED ME DOWN bc he no longer accepts VA!!!  Instead, Tulane's Orthopedic Clinic has taken my case ... what a blessing ... what favor!!!  Tulane's Pro Sports Clinic has taken the helm for my hip!!!  This is divine favor!  Also, I had to let go of a teaching position (and a very comfortable life) in New Orleans bc my medical schedule was not compatible with my teaching schedule.  A school in Lake Arthur expressed the desire to work around my schedule and recovery for me teach.  After a year without work, I am back in the classroom.  During that time, a good friend allowed me to make what I needed doing what I could do between my medical schedule.  God provides! Our savings will have been depleted by the middle of September, now, we will be able to rebuild our finances and set things in order.  My docs feel that I may be up and running once these surgeries are complete!

To boot, there was alot of concern whether or not I was too late for reconstructive surgery and would need replacements ... the other problem is that I am too young for replacements.  Well, we decided to try the surgery just to see if it might work.  The doc told me after that though he had some work to do concerning ligaments, cartilage, etc, the bone itself was in perfect condition!!

I may be limping for a while, or stuck in a recliner or wheel chair ... but I will be coming out of that soon and when I do I believe I will have my body back!!!

Pray for me though ... please.

Until then, I am relaunching "Ask the Haz" as well as working with my friend Chris about nailing the relaunch of "Chris Asks The Haz."  I have also returned to the pastoral staff of New Life Worship Center (Moss Bluff, LA) where I was before I followed the call to New Orleans.  I hope to see you somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment