Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lest Old Acquaintance be Forgot ...

Hey there ... I just wanted to give an update on our journey.

Mission wise we are still ministering locally in Moss Bluff, a sub-community of Lake Charles, LA.  We are also very involved in our web based qna ministry "Ask The Haz" and our resource ministry at www.patrickhazard.com.  ATH is receiving questions from various sources as well as being viewed by hundreds of readers daily.  PHM is also experience a high volume of traffic and downloads (praise God!) of posted sermon outlines and songs I have written to be used in congregational and personal worship.  This is extremely exciting for us and for me personally.  It is a great blessing to know that people who I may never physically cross paths with are able to use what I have in their personal ministry and relationship all over the world ... really, all over the world!



Health wise, our family needs your prayers ... but God is so faithful.

My knee surgeries were unsuccessful and, at this point, my only options are replacements ... which I will not consider until my joints are falling apart and I can't get up and out ... that's the knees and the hip.  How is God faithful in that?  First, I have excellent medical teams ... I have great physical therapists and favor with the VA.  It may be exhausting but it is working!  Second ... I am able to get up and about ... I may hopefully be back in the classroom soon!!  Third ... I have been out of work for months and God has provided.  Some of His provision has been through certain people, with no mention of request, just deciding to bless God through us ... and they have!  Remember, we do not do any fundraising ... we don't even have a 501c3 nor do we sell advertising on our pages bc we want to be free of government oversight concerning what we can say or support openly and we want our efforts to be seen as they are ... for no profit and all for the advancement of God's people!

My oldest daughter, AJ, was in an accident at her school her first day back from Thanksgiving break!  She suffered two broken feet, two sprained ankles, knee pain (being investigated) and contusions in her feet and tailbone.  She was in a wheel chair for about 6 weeks ... it has been rough.  But we have had al of our medical needs provided and paid for ... she is now in physical therapy and beginning to walk again!  We believe she will be back dancing in a month or so.

My son Dayson had to have surgery to repair a hole in his chest cavity!  Poor guy had to go under anesthesia twice in about one weeks time.  He is recovering now.

How is God faithful in that??  Well, bc I was home for my recovery, I could be there for theirs for one thing!  Second, we have had excellent medical care within a brief time ... no long waits ... and the doctors have been able to definitively diagnose the issues.  That is huge if you've ever gone to find out what's wrong and they can't figure it out ... a common frustration.  One of my son's test to find the hole the doc said she's never seen come back with clear results ever in her career ... and only knows of rare occurrences ...  and Dayson's came back positive ... which resulted in a much smaller hole made in his chest bc they knew exactly where they needed to go!  The list goes on.

Guys (and gals) ... things happen ... with or without God's existence ... they do!  God doesn't exist to prevent or fix our problems!!  They are going to come ... they are promised by Jesus to come!!!  But we can know and have confidence that in our problems, we have God with us ... and if He is with us then He is for us!!  That is good news bc greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world ... who is always seeking for a way to destroy us but God is always working in us for His glory to be seen as a blessing to those who believe, as hope for those who need it, and as a light for those still in darkness!

We are currently seeking the Lord's will about what our next steps are and would ask that as you pray, remember to pray for us.  Thank you for reading ... I hope this finds you well.

PH
www.patrickhazard.com
www.askthehaz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment