Friday, August 15, 2014

I'm Appealing Murphy's Law!!

Well ... if distraction were a sign to turn around, we'd have plenty of reason to turn tail ... but it's not.  Once you have a bead on what you're to do, you can and should expect stuff to go wrong.

Let me tell you about some stuff.



Right now I'm in a hotel 220 miles short of our reserved destination ... you may ask why.

Well ... we had a radiator hose decide it was done causing my engine overheat, dump its transmission fluid, and then severed a lead battery connection ... and ended dead in the road stuck hanging at a Walmart at midnight with 4 hours still left to drive.

And the cats messed in their kennels ... our suburban will have to be detailed.

Our anticipated arrival tomorrow will not happen ... but it will happen.

I figure there are two ways to look at this:

1 - it sucks and I quit
2 - it sucks and I laugh ... or cry ... or cry then laugh ... and keep going.

One thing is for sure - I can't stay here!  Either further up and further in or turn tail and run ... but the kids can't grow up in the Suburban in a WalMart parking lot!!!

That is the essence of life ... as believers and as unbelievers.  Whether God is acknowledged or not stuff will happen ... some good and some bad.  I figure I would rather have Him with me and for me ...

In all of the mess there are glimmers of light ... and those glimmers when focused on are often actually radiant beams ... for instant I drove across this town ... looking for a gas station I could pull in to that I wouldn't have to back up in ... like I did yesterday.  The dolly has a pivoting system that makes it impossible to back it up with the vehicle on it .. the only way to do it is to drop the vehicle and then swing it around.  Well as I drove in an "almost panic" I forgot I left the keys to my Envoy on the step of my truck ... and they were still there.  That's huge people.  When my electrics failed, I was in high speed traffic ... it was dangerous ... and there happened to be a police officer right there who protected me ... and was very kind.  We also were able to find a nice local hotel and our reservation was canceled with no charge .. wooohoooo!

Tomorrow we shall start again ... I will have to do some engine repair first ... but we will get there.  You see I don't view this as bad luck, Murphy's Law, or any such nonsense ... it's simply accepting whatever adventure God sends us ... bc that's what this is!  We all have an expected end ... it's going to come ... but will we have enjoyed the road that brought us there or will we show up angry, accusing, and frustrated?

Keep following along ... and pray for us, our safety, and our equipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment