Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Objects In The Rear View Mirror ...

Tonight is our last night in our home ... our last night in Louisiana.  Tomorrow morning we begin our three day hike across the country. Please pray for us and our protection and for our gear.  As I sit here typing I have a lot of mixed emotions about this transition ... our house is brimming with them.  My children are experiencing emotions and thoughts that I would think them too immature to encounter ... they always surprise me.



I am asked a lot if I am excited to be leaving.  I know it is done with good intentions but it is so difficult.  I have made wonderful life-long relationships here ... and the proximity of those relationships are going to change ... it is hard to ponder.

I am leaving a congregation we love.  It would almost seem better if there were some secret scandal that we could just cut ties and go ... but this is not that.

I am super excited to where God wants me to be ... doing what He wants me to do.  I am excited for new relationships ... new adventures.

It is hard to explain.

But God is good ... and what He does is good ... and He is working in and through us for our good.

We will miss our friends here.  We want to thank some very special people for their help along the way ... for the gift of an unmerited friendship ... we value you deeply.

We want to first thank our family for their encouragement and support.  We also would like to thank a few people for their guidance over the years: Glenn and Marylin, Gerald, Alan, David, Dan, Frank ... you may not think we're listening ... but we are.

We also would like to thank our current pastor, Robert, and our previous pastors, Frank and David for their unwavering support.  It has been refreshing to walk this path this way ... the church needs to experience more good transitions that honor God.

We would like to thank all of the friends we've made over the years either by serving together as staff or just by taking advantage of the gift of time.  we have made too many to name ... but we know ... and you know ... and we know that you know ...

Please pray for us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment